Working with this leading medical device company in their R&D division, an excellent career opportunity is available for an Associate R&D Engineer to join a dynamic and growing team in the development and commercialisation of innovative products. The successful candidate will contribute to a project, from design phase to commercialization by supporting or completing functional deliverables.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
1. Representing the product development function in cross-functional product commercialisation teams from Front End Innovation through to Commercial Launch.
2. Design and development of new products, including concept development, high-level design feasibility, prototype development, detailed design, test method development, design verification/validation, shelf-life determination and product commercialisation.
3. Application of both new and existing technologies, materials and processes to deliver the optimum product design ensuring the establishment of excellent standards of performance.
4. Liaising with clinicians and with customers to understand their needs and to therefore optimize product functionality and performance.
5. Preparation of technical documentation in accordance with regulatory and design control requirements and with the company's development processes.
6. Developing a high level of understanding of internal customer requirements.
7. Conducting analysis of data and developing detailed reports documenting results, conclusions and recommendations
An honours Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related discipline is required.
Length of experience
Minimum 1-4 years related experience in a medical device company or highly regulated environment.
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
1. Create and/or analyse basic test data and interpret results
2. Actively participates on cross-functional project teams
3. Supports the completion of team deliverables
4. Identifies potential challenges and proactively works to address them
5. Ability to perform lab tests, prepare samples, write plan protocols.
6. Ability to solve technical issues using alternative or unique approaches
7. Demonstrates basic awareness of current technological trends
8. Strong problem solving, decision making and root cause analysis skills.
9. Ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to all relevant stakeholders.
10. Knowledge of MS Office suite and CAD software.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Kevin Silke | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9255
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY BY CLICKING HERE
In accordance with our data protection policies, your details will be kept confidential and will not be passed to a third party without your express prior consent.
Twitter | Linkedin
Science Recruitment | Scientific Jobs
Pharmaceutical Jobs | Medical Device Jobs | Clinical Research Jobs | Biotechnology Jobs