Automation Project Engineer
Life Science Recruitment are sourcing an Automation Project Engineer. This role has been created to undertake a number of key projects that internally that the current team do not have the bandwidth to cover. This is a stand-alone position requiring a responsible and experienced professional.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Deliver complex automation projects plant-wide
• Implement PLC, SCADA, Vision and Factory Automation upgrades
• Prepare capital requests and end-to-end project management of all automation projects and upgrades
• Carry out obsolescence assessments for automation assets across the plant and develop remediation plans for same
• Support plant wide automation change control and manage software revision control systems
• Carry out other relevant tasks as required by the Senior Automation Engineer.
Skills & Qualifications
• Minimum of 5yrs experience with Equipment Automation, Software or related experience
• Minimum of B.Eng. in Electrical, Software, Manufacturing or related engineering discipline have demonstrable experience.
• Previous experience working in highly automated or manufacturing environment.
• Proven track record in executing factory automation projects from concept to implementation.
• Expert knowledge of Allen Bradley / Rockwell Automation products including capability to write code from specification and experience of development, deployment & maintenance of SCADA / HMI systems (Allen Bradley, Schneider).
• Experience working with High Speed Vision systems (Cognex) and Control Networks & Communication Systems (ControlNet, DeviceNet, Ethernet).
• Excellent project management skills, an ability to work on own initiative and seamlessly across various departments.
• Strong data analysis skills and familiarity with SQL Server is advantageous
This position will expose the successful candidate to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in a fast moving, dynamic and agile global business.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Simon Gillivan | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9258