Business Excellence Manager
A highly respected medical device client is looking for a Business Excellence Manager to join their team in West Cork.
The Business Excellence Manager will identify and drive client initiatives for the Cork location, aimed at reducing cost and/or growing capacity. The Business Excellence Manager is responsible for facilitating strategy sessions for site leadership and translate those strategies into a portfolio of strategic initiatives. This role will be accountable for driving the resulting initiatives through successful completion and for ensuring the promised business value is delivered to the P&L. As the Business Excellence Manager, this role will effectively demonstrate concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external (e.g. Shingo) standard of excellence, in order to gain sustainable competitive advantage. This role will establish a strong direction and a persuasive future vision, in order to build a sustainable high performing culture across the organization. The Business Excellence Manager engages people with honesty, integrity, and enthusiasm; empowering them to succeed, even in the most challenging of situations.
1. Operational Excellence.
• Establish and deliver strategies that focus on policy deployment and governance.
• Establish and deliver strategies that focus on leadership, culture and behaviour.
• Establish and deliver strategies that focus on continuous process improvement.
• Operational Excellence management reporting and review.
• Develop the way of working as habitual throughout the organisation.
• Define OpEx roadmap and achieve external recognition (e.g. Shingo) within a timeframe to be discussed and agreed
• Define and implement best class training practices and methodologies across Direct and Indirect staff
2. Train, Coach and Mentor.
• Establish Op Ex best practice training materials and deliver training.
• To support the Leadership team with the deployment of Operational Excellence, to coach, mentor and train all Leaders and Teams towards Operational Excellence.
• Sustain and facilitate a culture of continuous improvement at all levels of the business
• Use Lean techniques to identify and control the main causes of process variation
• Coach, lead and engage employees in the identification of waste and the delivery of lean projects.
• Make problem solving a way of life.
• Ensure that data is used effectively to drive change
• Identify training and develop appropriate programmes to educate employees in the principles of lean manufacturing.
• Share best practice across the organisation and work with other sites to ensure a consistency in the delivery of Lean and CI
• Grow the business through sustained process improvements in all value streams.
• Deliver tangible benefits.
4. Management information
• To develop and implement a robust data management system.
• To develop and implement a robust management process by which issues can be resolved and escalated.
• Deployment of tiered Lag & Lead communications and measures.
• Lead and improve the Cork Project Portfolio Management process.
• Ability to define problem and goal statements, based on cost benefit analysis linked to business objectives.
• Conducting measurement system analysis and data collection techniques.
• Understands the voice of the customer and identifying the nonvalue added activities through analysis of value stream and process mapping
• Ability to analyse data using graphical data analysis techniques.
• Ability to involve process experts and conduct improvement activities using problem solving techniques such as brainstorming, Fishbone, 5 Whys , FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
• Project managing key business critical projects from conception to completion.
• Ability to effectively generate reports, sharing best practice across the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively monitor, and where appropriate determine key performance indicators within the site to use by generating/measuring improvements.
• Ability to develop and produce relevant training packages and delivering training to all personnel as required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, speaking with clarity and conviction at all times.
• Demonstrated strong customer results and/or outcome driven.
• Some travel required (domestic and international – less than 10% of time)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline.
• Coaching experience/qualification.
• Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
• Experience in a leadership role preferred.
• Experienced in lean manufacturing/operational excellence role required.
• Minimum of three (3) years of prior experience in a similar role.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Claire Kenny | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9287