Electrical Design Engineer - Industrial Equipment/Automation
Our client, an I&C specialist firm based in Athlone are looking for a CAD/Electrical Design Engineer to join their team. As an Electrical Design Engineer, you’ll be part of a team working on the development of a new industrial product. Working closely with our customer, you’ll take part in a range of exciting electrical design and product development tasks. This is a permanent position with huge room for progression in the organisation.
You’ll create detailed electrical schematics and provide input into the overall machine design from an electrical prospective. You’ll be responsible for distribution and release of electrical drawings.
Working with our clients electrical engineering team you’ll ensure conformity with applicable standards and regulations and input into the selection of new electrical parts.
Additionally, you’ll configure programmable devices such as VFDs and PLCs to achieve safety and automation requirements of the machine. You’ll also design and validate (field) upgrades to existing equipment.
You will need:
- At least one years’ experience in an electrical design role
- Electrical CAD skills
- Experience of PLC programming
- Knowledge of electrical regulations: CE, UL, CSA
- Knowledge of machine safety standards (Machinery directive)
- Strong research skills and the ability to understand and apply technical documents
- Affinity with mechanical design
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Claire Kenny | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9287