The Process Technician is responsible for performing a variety of technical and support roles to the production / manufacturing department.
• Ensure all processes & equipment are setup and ready for production.
• Monitor production outputs and downtime.
• Provide ongoing day to day support to Production; continually seek to drive improvement in operation performance while also maintaining highest levels of regulatory conformance.
• Effectively trouble shoots issues implementing “robust permanent fix” solutions.
• Establish and maintain appropriate Manufacturing documentation including, Equipment documentation, Bills of Materials, Product routings, Manufacturing procedures and Logs.
• Technically support process validation activities.
• Work as a member of the core team (Supervisor, Training and Quality) to manage daily line performance, trouble shooting and resolving technical issues in a timely manner such as to minimise downtime and support continuous flow.
• Diploma in Polymer Engineering or equivalent qualification is desirable.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a medical device or other similar organization.
Competencies and Attributes
• Must possess good technical ability and be self-motivated.
• A self-starter takes initiative in the performance of their duties.
• Continually learning and exploring more efficient methods to perform duties.
• Works closely with Operations group to continually develop his/her knowledge and experience.
• A good team player who works well in a small team environment.
• Capacity to make decisions in conjunction with others while learning from mistakes.
• A good knowledge of the regulatory environment in which the business operates.
• Attention to detail is essential in the performance of all duties.
• Good interpersonal skills while building effective relationships with employees in other Dept’s. ie. Technicians and Engineers.
• Capacity to maintain confidentiality internally and externally.
• Strong technical understanding of set up and maintenance of manufacturing processes, experience in validation, equipment design and Lean Manufacturing.
Clodagh Nerney | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9254