Our client is a global pharmaceutical multinational based in Dublin, who is seeking Global External Supply Excellence Manager to join their team. After investing a huge sum into their Dublin facility, this is an excellent opportunity for a career driven individual to join a growing organization.
This manager will be responsible for driving Performance Excellence at the most critical suppliers, as well as in internal processes within the Global External Supply group.
This position is accountable for identifying and executing improvements with measurable impact, driving substantial cost saving from year one, building a high performing culture, as well as partnering with the different functions across the Global External Supply group.
This manager will collaborate with the Operations Managers (managing the supplier relationship), with the Procurement Director (in charge of supplier pricing) and with the other functional teams (Supply Chain, Quality, Finance).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Delivering the Supplier Collaboration Programme and cost saving target:
- Working with the Senior Director of Performance Excellence and the Procurement Director to plan and communicate the Supplier Collaboration Programme and different cost saving initiatives
- Responsible for identifying, prioritizing and delivering on supplier improvement ideas, in collaboration with the Operations Managers and the functional teams associated with critical suppliers
- Achieving cost saving target set up for the year (from year one)
- Supporting on-the-ground Performance Excellence activities at the critical suppliers
- Monitoring progress, reporting and tracking the financial impact of the Programme
- Developing Supplier training modules, and delivering when required
2. Delivering the GES Lean Programme:
- Working with the Senior Director of Performance Excellence and the Corporate Performance Excellence to develop a GES specific Lean approach, consistent with business needs for the next 5 years
- Supporting teams in identifying, delivering sustainable improvement ideas in the internal processes, as well as monitoring progress
- Sustaining the Workload Management tool, and developing the Productivity metrics
- Running Root Cause Analysis to resolve upcoming issues, identifying potential barriers, and supporting to resolve them
- Developing Lean training modules for the internal teams.
- Running assessment of adherence to the process and consistency in the application of the agreed Performance Excellence approach
3. Supporting the improvement of the GES Performance Management System:
- Analyzing and improving KPIs
- Coaching the implementation of GES meetings
- Supporting Risk Management activities
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- Engineering / Operations / Manufacturing degree required. Advanced degree preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience delivering on Performance Excellence and continuous improvement methods in a manufacturing or supply chain environment (Lean, 6sigma, Shingo, TPM, TQM), demonstrating tangible and significant business impact.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred. Experience of working with and improving external manufacturing partners preferred
- Experience in project management is essential
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrating leadership skills to drive change, and influence teams
- Flexibility to travel to accommodate the global challenges of this role (up to 30% of the time)
- Computer fluency
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Sinead Cullen | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9252