We have been engaged by an Australian Medical Device company to recruit a General Manager. Reporting to the CEO the General Manager will be responsible for departments of Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, HR, Regulatory and will liaise closely with Commercial, Sales, Marketing, Finance and R&D Divisions. This is a very exciting opportunity with an expanding medical device company with an excellent salary with Visa and relocation assistance provided for successful candidate.
• Design and implement initiatives to drive efficient procedures across the product delivery organisation including responsibility for the development, design, operation and improvement of the systems that create and deliver profit.
• Plan, direct and oversee the operational processes, initiatives and goals. Exercise vision, leadership, judgement and sound leadership to ensure that the product delivery organisation implements its short and long term strategies.
• Monitor and maintain appropriate staff levels, expectations and motivation to fulfil objectives.
• Participate in setting and monitoring comprehensive goals for staff performance and growth and provide these into the annual budget preparation process and its adoption by the Board and the Management.
• Act timely and decisively with initiatives to ensure that the annual budget goals of the product delivery organisation are exceeded, accepting responsibility for the bottom line performance of the budget.
• Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics and on that, initiate and implement continuous cost down programs in all areas of the company.
• Ensure the efficiency of operational processes and implements improvements where necessary to support business strategies.
• Comply with company policies and procedures.
• Oversee the introduction of an MRP upgrade.
• Develop and maintain transparent and visible regulatory roadmap
• Ensuring regulatory matters are prioritised in accordance with sales requirements
• At least 10 years’ experience in the management of med device, preferably electro-optic products
• Demonstrated hands-on leadership approach and strong interpersonal skills
• Leadership and communication skills to effectively align diverse departments/functions in the delivery of business objectives
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
• Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline supported by extensive management experience at senior level
James Cassidy | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079250