Health & Safety Manager
We are recruiting a Health and Safety Manager for a respected medical device client based in Dun Laoghaire. The successful candidate will provide full assistance and professional expertise to ensure our client meets its legal requirements when implementing safe work practices. As the H&S Manager, you will play an active role in driving a positive and proactive Health and Safety environment.
As H&S Manager, your responsibilities will include:
• Work with site management to develop, implement and maintain Health and Safety (H&S) practices, programmes and initiatives, which will contribute to driving an H&S culture change at site.
• Co-ordinates the identification of workplace hazards and assessment of risks, advises management on appropriate control measures to eliminate, minimise or control these hazards.
• Liaises with other departments on purchases of equipment, articles and substances and with others as needed to ensure appropriate H&S standards are maintained.
• Actively participates in designing and delivering the Company H&S training programme in conjunction with HR and training advisors.
• Oversee all H&S accident/incident investigations and follow-up on close out of corrective actions.
• Liaises closely with those responsible for Emergency Procedures and with training providers of for Emergency Response Teams to ensure the prevention of fire and the safe evacuation of employees in emergency situations.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level and/or equivalent experience in a regulated manufacturing environment. You will be a self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. You will have excellent communication skills and project influence to associates at all levels in the organisation. You have the ability to interpret relevant legislation on behalf of the company. You will have excellent presentation skills and be proficient with MS Office.
You can look forward to a rewarding career with a great benefits package including excellent pension bonuses, family healthcare and more. You can enjoy collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Claire Kenny | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9287