We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award winning pharmaceutical organization based in Dublin. This is an excellent position for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do.
The Industrial Engineer is a key member of the Strategic Planning & Operations team working in the Supply Chain Organisation. This team have the responsibility of delivering the short term Operational Finite Schedules for the Patient Supply Organisation, long term Strategic Planning, labor models & capacity planning plus execution of Strategic projects.
The Industrial Engineer will have responsibility for performing industrial engineering studies to support development of labor & capacity models. The Industrial Engineer will also be involved in the co-ordination of Inspection & Packaging scheduling activities. This position works closely with the Operations, Maintenance, Engineering and Supply Chain at an operational level. They will engage with internal customers to support their efforts to solve complex problems and improve performance.
Specific Areas of Responsibility include:
Key tasks of this role include:
• Perform industrial engineering studies to support development of labor models, capacity models and Strategic Planning
• Perform capacity analysis to support strategic site assessments
• Demonstrating a good working knowledge of Industrial Engineering tools & practices and using this knowledge and expertise to continually drive improvement in process/equipment design, layout and Operational performance
• Actively seek out, identify, and execute on opportunities to remove constraints, process improvement, remove waste and cost reduction within Operations
• Creation and continuous review of finite schedules for Inspection & Packaging.
• Build strong relationships with key stakeholders such as Supply Chain Planners, Maintenance Process Planners, Calibration, Validation, Process Development & Engineering
• Own the Inspection & Packaging finite scheduling processes chairing appropriate planning meeting
• Performs other duties as assigned. Will include participating in special projects as identified.
Experience / Competencies / Skills:
• 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position is essential
• Experience in an Aseptic Manufacturing Plant, Inspection & Packaging is essential
• Experience in a Pharmaceutical or Biologics Manufacturer with a lean manufacturing-environment is essential
• Demonstrated experiences of problem-solving and process improvements activities.
• Experience implementing Continuous Improvement methodologies and programs such as Six Sigma, DMAIC, Kaizen, and /or Lean Manufacturing
• Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to execute and manage complex projects and programs
• Experience in developing metrics & KPI’s that measure key business processes
• Experience completing Industrial Engineering activities such as labor analysis, constraint analysis & capacity modeling
• Experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA) required
• Strong computer skills and advanced expertise in MS packages including Excel, Visio & Project and Minitab
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Kevin Silke | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9255