Junior Field Service Engineer
Life Science Recruitment are exclusively recruiting a Junior Field Service Engineer for our client who are a robotic system manufacturer and service provider with a nationwide customer network. The position responisbilities will be predominantly Dublin based however will require travel around the surrounding areas.
In order to deliver an ambitious growth plan, our client is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Junior Field Service Technician who can commission installation projects, provide technical on-site assistance and customer service and be the interface between the client base in the Republic of Ireland/Northern Ireland and our manufacturing operations in Germany.
Roles & Responsibillities
• Work cross functionally across various technical & business areas areas.
• Be the primary interface between client and customer by providing technical assistance to existing clients (hotline/helpdesk and on site support).
• Addressing customer queries regarding equipment/faults/breakdowns and attending site visits.
• Carrying out risk assessment and health and safety audits prior to an installation.
• Acting as the Commissioning Engineer on installations.
• Attend regular customer review meetings from a technical and service perspective.
• Carry out and complete routine maintenance on systems and products.
• Carry out inspections to ensure that systems and installations meet the requirements of standards and inspectorates.
• Demonstrate effective time management by organising equipment required for site visits in advance.
• Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
Skills & Qualifications
• Mechanical and electrical engineering qualifications and knowledge of robotics and automation systems and associated software.
• Mechanical engineering Graduate (or similar) or Graduate calibre. If not graduate then formally recognised engineering qualifications – C&G’s, etc) OR mechanical apprenticeship with at least 3 years of experience in robotics, automation, materials handling, SCADA, PLC, PAC, Instrumentation, Motion control, HMI or similar.
• PLC experience desired.
• Health and Safety Qualifications desired.
• Sound general technical understanding.
• Good communication & presentation skills.
• Computer Literate.
• Ability to read and design technical drawings (e. g. floor plans).
• Experience of commissioning/acting as a commissioning engineer desired.
• Experience of working within quality control frameworks.
Willingness to travel throughout Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland by at least 15 days per month, plus 1 or 2 visits per year to German HQ
Flexible – willingness to cope with wide variety of problems, customers and site conditions
This position will be home based.
Initiative – able to operate with minimal supervision but know when to consult/inform senior staff/management.
A real team player who will relate well to colleagues and who is receptive to the ideas of others.
Oral and written communications skills.
Full clean driving license.
Great opportunities to grow within this expanding company.
Company car, healthcare and pension provided.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Simon Gillivan | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9258