We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award winning medical device organization based in Cork. This is an excellent opening for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do. The primary purpose for this role will be to support manufacturing through the continuous development of CNC manufacturing processes and implement projects for Compliance, Supply and Cost purposes.
• Lead CNC development projects reducing manufacturing costs and improving CNC machining strategies and capabilities across the global orthopaedic network.
• Development of machine accuracy qualification process which ensures machine accuracy verification at any point of the machine tool lifecycle.
• Engaging with external CNC application development vendors to improve speed and scale of CNC development and duplication.
• Deliver key projects for the Machining group ensuring targets are achieved.
• Drive process improvements/capacity increases through New technology/equipment introductions.
• Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Tool room Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
• Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
• Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
• Preparation and project management of all projects including supporting documentation as required.
• Focus on reduction of unit cost of production ensuring project scope and targets are correctly specified and achieved through the project.
Experience & Education
• Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with 5+ years relevant experience.
• Experience in CAD and CAM generation essential with knowledge of Siemens NX is advantageous.
• Experience with Fanuc control’s and Fanuc Macro B programming.
• Experience with 5 Axis Mill Turns, Horizontal Milling and 4 Axis Lathes.
• Experience in Validation of equipment and implementation of automated machining solutions is desired.
• Experience in GAMP5 validation support and Software Validation is desired.
• Experience in CNC manufacturing and CAD/CAM manufacturing is essential.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Sean McCarthy | Tel: +353 (0) 87 798 8480