We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award winning Medical Device organization based in Cork. This is an excellent opening for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do. The Project Lead role in the Materials & Surface Technology group leading Additive Manufacturing product introduction. Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations, the position will be responsible for leading strategic Additive Manufacturing related projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development and deployment of new processes. The role involves working with a cross functional team to lead the introduction of Additive Manufacturing processes for the implementation of materials technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in Materials & Surface Technology.
• Lead the introduction of Additive Manufactured Products from Front End Design through to Manufacturing on behalf of Materials & Surface Technology Group
• Project management responsibility for Additive Manufactured product introduction projects
• Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
• Implement of cost effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
• Implement design for manufacturability in new Additive Manufacturing processes to minimise lifecycle cost
• Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies
• Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
• Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
• Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
• Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
• Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
• Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
• Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
Education & Experience
• BSc in Materials Science or Engineering.
• 3+ years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
• Project management experience
• Ph.D. or MSc qualificationin Material Sciences or similar
• Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Sean McCarthy | Tel: +353 (0) 87 798 8480