Our client, a respected medical device company are currently looking for a Metrologist to join their team in South Dublin.
Reporting to a Quality Manager the Metrologist is responsible for oversight and developing suitable measurement methods for moulded components, the measurement of tooling steels and the ongoing development of the measurement capability of the business.
The client facility has recently completed a large expansion plan. The Metrologist will be responsible for oversight and developing suitable measurement methods for moulded components, the measurement of tooling steels and the ongoing development of the measurement capability of the business.
As a Metrologist your responsibilities will include:
• Development of appropriate effective measurement methods concurrent with latest technologies.
• The writing and control of automated measurement programmes, preferably Zeiss CMM and CT scanning, OGP Vision Systems.
• Supporting the development of appropriate measurement fixtures.
• Completion of measurement studies, such as measurement system analysis, test method validations.
• Writing measurement reports which include statistical and layout inspection as appropriate.
• Participate as required in validation activities relating to control plan measurement methods.
• Raise appropriate Standard Operating Procedures as required.
• Ensuring adequate metrology equipment maintenance and control of the relevant service contracts.
• Provide local troubleshooting expertise when issues arise with measurement equipment.
• Update and maintain Metrology databases, using Sharepoint.
• Income inspections
• File Inspection & Product release – before and after steri.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in manufacturing engineering, preferably moulding. You will have a Degree or above in related Engineering/Quality discipline or relevant extensive Metrology experience. Relevant experience within a quality control environment working with a range of measurement equipment and with the knowledge of a wide range of measurement techniques. You will be an excellent communicator who can interact with all levels of colleagues and bring cross team working to its fullest potential. The ideal candidate will lead, develop and manage on a day to day basis, the in-house metrology team including a metrologist and metrology technicians x 5. As required you will participate in validation activities relating to control plan measurement methods. You will be required to train associates in the use of relevant metrology equipment. This role requires you to raise, submit and justify Cost/Benefit analysis as required.
You will have experience of working in a Lean Manufacturing environment and be able to demonstrate professional experience of working in a complex manufacturing environment. This role reports into the Quality Manager.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Claire Kenny | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9287