Principal Automation Engineer, Limerick
A Principal Automation Engineer is required for our pharma/biotechnology client based in Limerick.
You will be given the opportunity to join a leading science and technology company, working on the exciting start up, commissioning and sustaining of a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Program, diagnose and troubleshoot Allen Bradley Rockwell PLC and HMI application for automated process equipment.
• Independently manage or provide leadership to all phases of automation engineering projects and oversees these projects from conception, design and initial specifications through completion and turnover. This includes developing detailed and accurate project schedules while collaborating with internal cross functional teams, end users, and third-party contacts to design, develop, document and maintain software architecture deliverables for various projects for both embedded and application software.
• Develop and implement software solutions through change control as required while understanding impact of actions to Manufacturing and Facilities equipment.
• Provide guidance and develop engineering design documents, technical evaluations, and test plans for cGMP process equipment and follow GAMP 5 guidelines
• Provides technical and automation operational support to Engineering, Manufacturing, Validation and Facilities departments.
• Provides out of hours 24/7 on call support.
• Support, maintain and diagnose automation hardware.
• Demonstrates knowledge of instrumentation.
• Experience with controls networks and communications systems (Modbus, Ethernet, Profibus etc)
• Primary degree in Science/Engineering discipline.
• You will have a minimum of 8 years' experience working with validated Automation systems in the pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
• Direct experience and in-depth knowledge of Allen Bradley Rockwell automation platform.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Claire Kenny | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9287