Great opportunity for an experienced engineer to to join a well-known medical device company in Cork. In this role you will act as the Principle Engineer working in Process development and new technologies.
Our client is seeking an exceptional Technical Leadership to drive and maintain their focus on development of exceptional new Technologys the first time. The Principal Engineer in Process R&D is a new role charged with providing technical leadership to less experienced engineers within the team as it continues to develop and push the limits of Additive Technology to meet growing interest and need to apply Additive Technology in to make healthcare better.
This person will lead the technical rigor and technically mentor less experienced engineers in how to innovate high quality original solutions to complex process development and other engineering problems. Development of training in key competencies to provide technical advice and education, detailed review of technical outcome and decision making will be key activities for the Principal Engineer. The person will promote a culture of innovation thinking, technical rigor and process development methodology. In addition, it is expected that the person will provide technical advice and mentorship to other areas within the Technology teams for the successful development of new products and technologies, all in accordance with International Regulations.
Your key Responsibilities:
• Develops technical solutions to complex technical problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Solutions may require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Assume the role of technical mentor for engineers in the function.
• Will monitor and control progress of work ensuring sound application of engineering principles and the appropriate use of policies and procedures.
• May function in a technical leadership role on major programs.
• Develop a detailed understanding of ""best practice"" in product/process performance within the medical device industry.
• Develop a support network of key divisional/corporate leaders, academic and supplier partners to enhance understanding of product manufacturing and quality.
• Lead a culture of innovation within the function by developing and implementing engineering forums and reviews for the engineering team.
• Drive high levels of employee engagement through a highly effective support structure developed and implemented for all engineers.
• Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
• Review and approval of validation documentation.
• All other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for:
• B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline with 10 or more years’ experience; Related masters degree with 6 or more years of experience; PhD with 2 or more years of experience may also be desirable.
• Broad based business experience in high performance multi-national enterprise, at least 3 years of which has been spent in operations and/or technical leadership level in Medical Device or other highly regulated industries.
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognise good ideas.
• Strong capability to network and influence at all organisation levels.
• Demonstrated project management and engineering expertise associated with new product introduction (NPI) in a regulated environment.
• Strong analytical ability with a high aptitude for understanding systems, gathering data and performing research.
• Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have the ability to understand geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
• Detailed understanding of the validation and verification process and its application relating to new products.
• Green or Black Belt 6 Sigma qualifications an advantage.
Kevin Silke | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079255