Project Automation Engineer
Life Science Recruitment are sourcing a Project Automation Engineer for our client who are a global pharmaceutical company based in Dublin. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or equivalent with the ability and confidence to undertake all associated responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Participate in and lead project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
• Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the department’s continuous improvement program.
• Fault-find complex automation equipment.
• Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs.
• Design and program PLC control systems.
• Design, test and implement HMI and SCADA systems.
• Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify software programs written by other developers.
• Introduce equipment and processes to meet all regulatory and operational requirements.
• Co-ordinate project activities both with other internal personnel and with contractors.
• Participate and co-ordinate changes using the organisations approved change control procedure where required.
• Prepare and review tender documents, URS documents and all project and validation documentation.
• Work with the automation validation engineer to ensure that all systems and programs are in full compliance with regulatory requirement and with company policies and procedures.
Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Computer Science, IT or equivalent.
• 3 years’ experience working with automated control systems.
• Previous experience in Automation Engineering.
• Experience in managing and programming automation applications and PLC platforms.
• Experience of working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control.
The following experience is desirable:
• Strong PLC background in Allen Bradley (SLC, Compact, MicroLogix) Siemens (S5, S7), Mitsubishi, and Omron.
• Experience in the applications Fix32 HMI/SCADA and FactoryTalk View
• Additional knowledge of Inkjet/laser printer and vision systems would be beneficial.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Simon Gillivan | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9258