Project Engineer (12 Month Contract)
Life Science Recruitment are sourcing a Project Engineer for our client who are an international pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturer. This particular role will be focused within the company’s global device engineering team. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills, mechanical engineering experience and a good understanding/history of working with medical devices.
Roles & Responsibilities
• New Product Development / Sustaining Engineering Development
• Project management of engineering projects
• Provide technical expertise support to broad internal team
• Development of new Innovative solutions for future pipeline products
• Lead the design, development and verification of complex products and packaging throughout the development life cycle
• Lead the evaluation of specifications for current products and generate the necessary supporting data to support/enhance these specifications
• Lead problem solving/root cause analysis activities
• Provide high quality engineering support for resolving complex problems
• Collaborate with manufacturing plants/contract manufacturing organisations to assist in nonconformance issues with the products and identify creative solutions to problems in a timely manner.
• Research design options and perform experiments to determine potential design feasibility or application.
• Construct prototypes; evaluate and document their performance; identify possible improvements
• Explore new and existing materials and methods to solve design challenges
• Capability to understand structural and thermal analyses of components and assemblies
• Create and implement suitable tests to verify designs meet requirements
• Utilize CAD to create and modify components
• Review and approve engineering drawings, test plans, and technical reports
• Lead in the creation and release of Product Requirements, Design Specifications, and Design Descriptions for assigned projects ensuring applicable standards and procedures are adhered to.
• Responsible for recording and sharing technical knowledge gained with colleagues.
• Lead, develop and implement design characterization, design verification and design validation activities for efficient, complete and robust product development.
• Adhere to design control and risk management policies.
• Provide technical leadership and become a recognized company expert on technical aspects of Mallinckrodt medical devices and develop working knowledge of internal and external manufacturing systems.
• Perform project management activities through the leadership / direction of cross functional internal resources and external development contractors for individual development programs or portions of larger programs.
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
• 3+ years related engineering experience
• 3+ years in medical device design.
• Experience in development of complex devices from concept through design verification.
• Demonstrated experience in successful project management.
• Experience working closely with CMO’s
• Strong Knowledge of moulded/plastic part design
• Mechanical: Experience with Solid works and/or AutoCAD.
• Fundamental understanding of electrical principals
• Outgoing personality with a strong desire to provide mentorship within the organization
• A self-starter who can manage multiple tasks and work with minimal supervision
• Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet)
• Familiarity with essential requirements of the Medical Devices Directive (MDD) and associated FDA requirements.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Simon Gillivan | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9258
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY BY CLICKING HERE
Under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, your details will be kept confidential and will not be passed to a third party without your express prior consent.
Science Recruitment | Engineering Jobs | Scientific Jobs
Pharmaceutical Jobs | Medical Device Jobs | Clinical Research Jobs | Biotechnology Jobs