We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award winning Medical Device organization based in Cork. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do.
Provide a lead role in New Product Development projects in the NPD group in the Innovation Centre, Cork. Collaborating with global R&D, Engineering and Operations functions, the position will be responsible for the development and introduction of new products and leading strategic engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development of new processes. The role involves providing technical leadership working with a cross functional team to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of cutting edge technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in materials development.
1. Lead technical elements within cross functional teams to execute new product development projects
2. Implement design for manufacturability in new product designs to minimise lifecycle cost
3. Manufacturing technical expert to global design groups
4. Project management responsibility for sub projects elements
5. Conduct detailed product design reviews
6. Identify appropriate resources and requirements for product development
7. Development of manufacturing processes to lean guidelines
8. Lead implementation of digital manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
9. Develop innovative product development processes to shorten product lifecycle time to market
10. Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process
11. Complete validation activities required to launch new products
12. Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on failure model and overall risk
13. Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
14. Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
• Degree in Mechanical/Production/Biomedical Engineering and experience in a medical device or comparable hi-tech environment.
• Project Management Professional with experience managing project elements
• Proven track record in development and installation of manufacturing processes for New Products or Product Transfer.
• Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
• Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
• Certified Project Management qualifications.
• CAD/CAM Experience
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Sean McCarthy | Tel: +353 (0) 87 7988480