We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award-winning Medical Device organization based in Galway. This is an excellent position for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do.
• Collaborate with cross functional team to implement finite element strategy
• Plan, coordinate and conduct finite element analysis and numerical modelling techniques to support the design and development of novel products.
• Apply knowledge of materials and testing procedures to obtain fundamental material behavior data for input into numerical modelling and FEA software
• Develop predictive engineering tools, techniques, and approaches to enhance the product development process.
• Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot, and provide technical skills during research and / or product development
• Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise
• Ensure compliance to quality system requirements
• May be involved in product research and development and/or clinical trials.
• Translates research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
• May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
• Implement strategic goals aligned to the operating unit strategy
• Generate innovative solutions to advance therapies and contribute to intellectual property portfolio
• Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Level 8 Degree in Engineering or related discipline with minimum 2 years relevant FEA experience or advanced degree with 0 years of experience.
• Experience using ABAQUS and/or LS Dyna, preferably.
• Experience in the use of scripting to automate tasks and processes
• Experience in the verification and validation of computational models. Experience with ASME V&V 40-2018 is desirable
• Strong technical report writing skills. Experience reporting modelling studies to regulatory bodies is desirable.
• Strong technical aptitude with a deep understanding of the finite element method and fundamental engineering principles.
• Broad materials and processing knowledge, preferably in the biomedical area.
• Dynamic team player that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
• Proven track record in delivering quality results in a timely and effective manner.
• Good communicator and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.