Role: R&D Engineer
Location: Parkmore, Galway
Benefits: Competitive salary, Bonus and Share options.
My client are a medical device start up who are a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, as seek to fundamentally shift treatment of acute decompensated heart failure by harnessing the vital role of the lymphatic system in restoring fluid balance.
- Work as part of the engineering team on new product development projects, specifically component, process, and supplier development.
- Generate device concepts within the project team to address product performance criteria, and develop novel fixtures and test apparatus to evaluate concepts.
- Develop ex-vivo test models and methodologies for product performance evaluations. Build and test prototypes, analysing test data to identify optimal solutions to technical challenges.
- Manage the R&D laboratory (safety, scheduling, stock, equipment calibration) to ensure availability and function for all R&D testing needs.
- Research state of the art technologies to identify technical capabilities that can advance and accelerate the company’s R&D projects and enhance product manufacturability.
- Implement DFM and DFA techniques into the design and development process.
- Evaluate, with the team, the design and supply chain risks in the project and develop strategies to highlight, monitor, manage and mitigate these risks.
- Prepare reports, documents, procedures, specifications, and technical documents in accordance with Quality System requirements to ensure the success of the project.
- A BSc or MSc in biomedical, mechanical, polymer, or materials engineering. A Masters or PhD in a related field is highly desirable.
- 1-3 years of experience in a technical role at a MedTech company or an industry with regulated products and processes.
- Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles and medical device processing technologies.
- Excellent oral and written English language and communication skills. Can express him/herself spontaneously, fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in complex situations.
- Proficient in SolidWorks CAD design.
- Dedication to hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments by following through, acting with a clear sense of ownership, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
If this sounds like you apply today for more info.