Research and Development Manager
Life Science Recruitment has been exclusively engaged to source a Research and Development Engineer with previous management experience for our client who are based in Galway. The ideal candidate will have a relevant degree and be highly experienced in leading/managing product development and/or engineering teams from a R&D perspective.
Roles & Responsibilities
The R&D Manager will be responsible for and have the ability to demonstrate skills in;
• Assessing opportunities for device technology & process development, provide leadership in technological innovation across the department
• Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
• Contribute to generation of intellectual property
• Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with business strategy
• Develop and promote a culture of project management excellence and technology leadership as well as cultivate opportunities around procedural and clinical innovation
Skills & Experience
• Experienced with medical device product development and show a strong proven track record in innovation and project/program management, design theory, risk analysis and skills in problem solving along with statistical credentials (DOE, Six Sigma).
• Minimum level 8 engineering degree or related with 10-15 years relevant experience as well as a minimum of 5 years’ experience and proven track record in leading technology programs, product development or engineering teams.
• Vast knowledge of the market from perspectives of competition, suppliers, customer base and regulatory environments.
• Good understanding of anatomy and product testing methodologies.
• In depth understanding of ISO, FDA, EU and other quality system requirements and regulatory pathways for medical devices.
James Cassidy | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079250