We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award-winning pharmaceutical organization based in Cork. This is an excellent position for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do.
Assists with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) programmes to ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate
and industry requirements. Acts as an SME and advisor to all teams on site in relation to EHS
• Provide EHS support for projects at the Cork site:
• Incident & accident investigation
• EHS communication & training
• Conduct EHS Impact Assessments (IA) to ensure that all EHSS requirements and standards are in place.
• PTW / construction safety support for execution of projects
• Support IA action closure tracking, Machine Safety, JSA’s, Chemical Risk Assessments, Noise, IH/Ergonomics etc.
• Provide EHS support for site projects – EHS by design & Construction support as required
• Participate in site HAZOP process for projects.
• Support Impact Assessment action closure tracking, Machine Safety, JSA’s, Chemical Risk Assessments, Noise, Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics etc
• Perform periodic walkdowns / audits / programme reviews to ensure compliance with safety and environmental permits, plans, policies and regulatory requirements.
• Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance with requirements.
• Provide technical support for the site risk assessment / JSA programme and assist in implementing appropriate control measures for identified risks.
• Assist in the implementation of the Industrial Hygiene Monitoring program.
• Support Chemical management and New product inductions through site chemical and New product introduction risk assessment.
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as
She/he will have a strong EHS general/technical knowledge and experience in the Bio/Pharma industry or equivalent, be a strong effective communicator with all stakeholders. She/he will be a strong collaborator with a proven track and a strong networker able of leveraging EHS&S expertise on and off site.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
• Customer focus
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent presentation and training skills
• Strong Influencing skills
• Attention to detail
• Good problem-solving skills
• Results and performance driven
• Adaptable and flexible
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Availability and willingness to travel on company business
• Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with colleagues regarding EHS issues
Education & Experience
• A relevant third level qualification in Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 5 years’ experience in the environment, health and safety area is a prerequisite for the position.
• Good overall knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in both Environment and Safety
•Previous experience working to ISO14001 and ISO 45001 international standards, preferably
within a Biopharma/pharmaceutical or related environment is required.
• Previous experience in dealing with regulatory agencies
• Creates dashboards, power-point presentations and can track and trend KPI’s, assembling information into clearly written reports, documented findings or recommendations and communicate this progress in easily understandable manner to all stakeholders.
• Familiarity with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001would be a distinct advantage
• Excellent communication, presentation, and training skills
• A flexible approach, good priority setting skills and ability to deal with multiple tasks
• Experience in participating in the implementation of an Industrial Hygiene Program
• A strong communicator & influencer who is credible, self-assured and highly capable of negotiating successful outcomes with site stakeholders (managers, leads, contractors, front line workers).
• Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individuals
• Proven track record of delivering agreed-upon expectations.
• Builds strong productive lasting relationships
• S/he will have strong technical skills and the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the necessary capabilities to understand and find solutions for complex technical/regulatory issues
• Asserts personal ideas and opinions using persuasion to influence others
• Seeks opportunities to grow and develop professionally
• Uses best practices to improve business operations
• Holds self-accountable for compliant and flawless execution
• Takes personal responsibility for decisions that successfully build customer value
• Effectively manages and adapts to change
• Demonstrates the courage to stand alone on ideas and opinions that differ from others
• Listens effectively and remains open to other’s ideas.
• Works effectively with people that have diverse ss, talents and ideas
• Maintains the highest standards of ethical behaviour
• Treats people with dignity and respect