We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award winning medical device organization based in Cork. This is an excellent opening for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do. The primary purpose of this position will be to support a major Manufacturing Engineering Project involving the start up of a new facility.
• Support the day to day manufacturing operation environment to allow operations to meet its targets.
• Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
• Deliver key projects to the Value Stream which will positively impact on the key metrics.
• Drive process improvements/capacity increases through New technology/equipment introductions.
• Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions/processes/process changes.
• Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
• Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
• Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
• Preparation and project management of all line extensions/NPI including supporting documentation as reqd.
• Focus on reduction of unit cost of production, through accountability for specific cells i.e. Consumable Cost, Scrap Cost and Cell Efficiency.
Experience & Education
• Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline
• Experience in Validation of equipment and implementation of automated machining solutions is desired.
• Experience in CNC machining of Cobalt Chrome, Titanium & Plastics
• Experience in UniGraphics CAM package is desired
• Experience in Laser Systems (Cognex, Vision Pro, etc.) is desired
• Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Sean McCarthy | Tel: +353 (0) 87 798 8480