Senior Process Engineer
Our multinational client in Kildare requires a Senior Process Engineer to support engineering and process improvement projects within the manufacturing environment. The successful candidate would be working closely with Engineering, Production and Quality Assurance leaders. Some travel abroad is involved with this position supporting multiple projects in multiple locations across EMEA.
• Review existing manufacturing lines for process improvements, efficiency gains, and safety.
• Tasks may include, daily process monitoring, trouble shooting, optimisation, cost reduction, training and coaching of manufacturing personnel.
• Support manufacturing line relocations and plant consolidations/start-ups.
• Oversee general process implementation projects including management of external resources, budget and schedule.
• Develop process flow diagrams, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and layout diagrams necessary to ensure installations are carried out according to project requirements. Calculate line speeds, rates, and throughput and ensure all designs take account of these key operations parameters.
• Provide preliminary cost estimates and scope development for future projects.
• Selection and standardisation of technology, equipment and spare parts.
• Collaborate with Engineering and Operations colleagues to deliver the projects with minimal disruption to production operations.
• Review and manage all changes to project requirements through a formally defined scope change process. Generation and implementation of Design, Construction and operational documentation for new equipment/manufacturing processes.
• Participation in investigations, identification and implementation of solutions as required.
• Degree in Mechanical, Process or Product Engineering.
• 5+ years direct work experience in a process engineering role within the food or similar industry.
• Strong planning and project management skills
• Ability to lead and coach others
• Flexible and adaptable with excellent ability to work cross functionally within an organisation
• Confident in project management software.
• Experience of Atex, Machinery and Pressure Directives desirable.
• Electrical, instrument and automation knowledge/experience.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Conor Cronin | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079258