We are currently looking for a Senior R&D Engineer to join our client's team. This position requires the candidate to have a proven track record in managing and delivering complex projects with significant technical challenges. Overall responsibility for various projects, including process development, design development, implementation of new equipment/automation and new product introduction.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Develop a deep understanding of the disease state, gather user needs, and translate into technical specifications.
• Generate creative product solutions to address unmet needs.
• Develop test models for prototype performance evaluations.
• Build and test prototypes; analyse test data and interpret to identify optimal solution(s).
• Create detailed component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications.
• Identify and select product materials, assembly methods and define process settings.
• Develop and deliver project plans to performance, time and cost targets.
• Leverage and liaise with external resources to achieve project goals.
• Identify and manage of key risks throughout the product lifecycle.
• Write procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
• Evaluate and assess physician (user) techniques and develop product training materials.
• Develop marketing materials (presentations/videos/demos).
Behaviours & Skills:
Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles. Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative. Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
Qualifications & Experience: Honours degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in all stages of medical device design and development (including design with SolidWorks, prototyping, and testing) is desired.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Kevin Silke | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9255