We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award-winning Medical Device organization based in Galway. This is an excellent position for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do.
• Driving Supplier Evaluation, Selection, Development, Qualification, in line with Commodity and Development Strategies
• Identifying potential new sources in Technologies.
• Documenting & managing overall Project Sourcing Strategies
• Providing front line negotiation with knowledge of Commodity Strategies and an ability to influence design/technology/source decisions with a view of Total Cost
• Knowing, communicating and mitigating sourcing risks early in the Project cycle to drive mitigating solutions and or focused Supplier Development
• Track and manage improvements in procured component Supply Risk, Quality, Material Cost, and Response / Lead Time for the full Device procured Bill of Material, (for both new and legacy components)
• Managing and coordinating all Sourcing Project Deliverables in support of Transfer Project
• Monitoring overall Component Quality Levels for the Project. Component Engineering and TSS will provide an early voice to influence Specification and Supplier Development.
• Report out at each progressive Project Phase
• Managing Material Demands and Sourcing within Technology
• Lead Component Sourcing Responsibility Transfers post Transfer, (to High Volume Facilities and Operations - transition from Component Engineering to Sourcing Continuity, and from Technical Sourcing to local Site Sourcing, Supplier Development, and Commodity Management
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
• Lean Sigma / Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Green Belt Certified
• Degree in Engineering/Science or equivalent technical discipline
• Experience in medical device industry
• Knowledge of applicable FDA/cGMP and International medical device regulations and standards
• Knowledge of ISO Standards
• Project Management experience/certification