Electronic Design Engineer
Our client a high potential medical device start up are currently seeking an Electronic Design Engineer to join their team. The Electronic Design Engineer will work as part of a cross-functional engineering team responsible for the catheter, sheath & console development programmes. The Engineer is required to support all electrical & electronic engineering activity throughout the complete product lifecycle including design, development, verification & validation.
• Lead design activities based on input from clinical users, the characteristics of the existing technology base, in consultation with other engineering staff, and the system functional requirements.
• Execute projects including architecture design, component selection, schematic design, simulation, layout, prototype build, board bring-up, PCB test design, system integration, cable/connector assembly design and integration of complex systems.
• Design concepts and build prototypes; analyse test data and interpret to identify optimal solutions to technical challenges.
• Research state of the art technologies that relate to the scope of the programme and identify technical capabilities that can advance and accelerate the company’s R&D projects.
• Support the team on all matters related to design and manufacturing including working closely with external partners.
• Support the development of laboratory & production systems for the assessment of device performance.
• Participate in technical design reviews to ensure electrical design integrity and safety are achieved. Qualifications, Knowledge,
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronic/Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
• At least 3 years of experience in electronic/hardware design.
• Experience with analogue and digital circuit design including simulation.
• Experience with interfacing of hardware peripherals like sensors, motor drivers, etc.
• Experience of regulations for electrical safety & EMC.
• Ability to work independently, as a member of a cross-functional R&D team.
• Requires excellent written, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills and an ability to effectively present information to peers.
• A self-starter who can see and deliver the work required to advance the project with a minimal amount of direction.
• Master’s degree or PhD in a related field.
• Experience with Eagle for PCB Design (including simulation) & layout.
• Knowledge of microcontroller architectures and serial communication technologies.
• Direct experience of IEC 60601-1 & IEC 60601-1-2
• Knowledge of Labview & Matlab software packages.
• Experience working in a regulated medical device environment Impact on the Company:
• Contributes to the success of the company’s products.
• Brings support and positive attributes to a culture that is respectful, supportive, goal oriented, scientific, and diverse.
• Supports colleagues in the achievement of their strategic objectives.
For further information please contact James Cassidy firstname.lastname@example.org or call in confidence 086 0204322