Job title: Technical Life Cycle & Engineering Manager
Location: Ballybrit, Galway – Hybrid working model
Benefits: Excellent salary, bonus, pension, healthcare and opportunity to grow your career with hugely exciting Medical Device organisation.
My client are a Medical Device compay who have recently been aquired by a multinational, a global leader in neurovascular care. And anbroad portfolio of devices used in the endovascular treatment of haemorrhagic and ischemic stroke.
About the role:
The role leads a multi-functional team in the development and production of medical devices used for the treatment of stroke. This position works as a recognized manufacturing and process technical authority who can provide process engineering knowledge and oversight.
The Technical Life Cycle Management and Engineering (TLCME) team are tasked with collaborating with R&D to provide technical expertise for the production of acute ischaemic stroke devices. As this position will lead a portfolio of projects.
Some responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate proven hands-on engineering skills in the development of new processes.
- Manufacturing & Project activity at contract manufacturing organisations, including product builds, product quality issue resolution, process development, technical training, validation, and continuous monitoring of manufacturing performance
- Provide Technical leadership of the manufacturing transfer of new products and changes to existing products, supporting the successful transition to manufacturing using design for manufacturability concepts.
- Develop and implement equipment and/or process improvements that will improve efficiency, product yield, and equipment reliability.
- Lead the implementation of new manufacturing processes and equipment to support the assembly of new products.
- Represent Supply Chain on strategic new projects including breakthrough manufacturing technologies.
- Mechanical or biomedical engineering degree or equivalent.
- Proven experience within a GMP regulated Medical Device Industry.
- Project Management experience or alternatively a key core team member as part of a project team.
- Experience in special processes, for example, catheter assembly, polymer processing (compounding, extrusion, fusing), metal processing (machining, laser cutting, polishing), welding, equipment & tool design.
- People management experience leading a team of engineers
Does this sound like your next career move? To apply and For more info forward your application to the link provided or contact me on 087 0612325 OR firstname.lastname@example.org