Our client a high potential medical device start up is currently seeking an R&D Director to join their team. The company is a fast growing and dynamic organisation with an extensive research, development, and clinical program planned. Reporting to the VP of R&D, the R&D Director will direct the R&D team to deliver R&D programmes on time and in budget.
Role and Responsibility:
• Structure and resource the R&D team appropriately to develop technologies that ensure business success.
• Develop and promote a culture of technical innovation, engineering from first principles, and a philosophy of being the knowledge leaders in the field of the business. Responsibilities:
• Maintain effective communication channels with members of the management and engineering teams.
• Work closely with strategic marketing and commercial functions to define patient and user needs.
• Direct the innovation and knowledge capabilities of the company towards creating technological value for the business.
• Proactively manage project technical risks and implement risk mitigation measures.
• Promote a quality culture across the R&D team.
• Support the clinical and commercial teams in the execution of the businesses clinical and commercial programs while building and maintaining relationships with KOL’s.
• Support cross functional business processes including but not limited to strategic planning, complaint investigation, review of invention disclosures, review of business critical documents, and problem solving.
• Work with the VP of R&D and finance functions to ensure efficient deployment of capital on R&D programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, Electrical, or Materials Engineering. • Brings support and positive attributes to a culture that is respectful, supportive, goal oriented, scientific and diverse.
• At least 10 years of experience in the medical device industry at a management and leadership level.
• Understands team dynamics and experienced at building teams that deliver results.
• Requires excellent written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in the development of medical devices that require complex processes and assembly techniques and a proven ability to deliver results in this setting.
For further information please contact James Cassidy email@example.com or call in confidence 0860204322